Please note that during the pandemic, our offices are closed to in-person visits, but testing continues in-person.
UPDATED JANUARY 5, 2022
Dear Test Taker,
ELS IELTS Test Centers are open in Boston, New York and San Francisco with distancing and other COVID-19 safety measures in place.
ELS COVID-19 Safety Measures
Following global standards and practices for reducing the transmission of COVID-19, ILSC centers are currently taking the following additional measures to maximize your safety on test day
- The test venue will receive disinfection-level cleaning before each test session, including desks and computer peripherals
- Test day staff will wear face masks.
- Upon entering the test venue, each test taker will have their temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer. Individuals with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will have to reschedule their test.
- Individuals with visible symptoms (cough, runny nose, shortness of breath) will be asked to reschedule their test.
- Each test taker must bring a face mask and wear it while in the test venue. (FACE MASK MUST COVER NOSE AND MOUTH AT ALL TIMES).
- All test taker face masks are subject to inspection by staff for test security purposes.
- Test takers will be specifically asked to remove the face mask/covering during the identification process and at the biometrics station.
- Hand washing and hand sanitation is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer will be provided by the center.
- Each test taker is permitted to bring the following items into the exam room IN A CLEAR PLASTIC BAG:
- ID document
- Wooden pencils, eraser, hand-held pencil sharpener (and a small clear bag for these items)
- Face mask
- Small container of hand sanitizer
- Clear water bottle with no label
- Medication IF pre-approved by the test center
- Test takers are encouraged not to bring their personal valuables into the center. Phones, wallets, money, papers, keys, purses, backpacks and food are not allowed in the test room and must be left in a bag in the reception area to be collected again after the test. Reception doors will be locked throughout the test and IELTS staff are advised not to touch candidates’ personal items. However, ELS and ELS staff are not responsible for lost or uncollected belongings.
- Each candidate must follow staff guidance for maintaining six feet or more from all other persons in the test venue while standing in line, completing registration, in the waiting area, taking the exam and moving about the test venue.
A test taker who develops flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 prior to the test, or is placed in medical quarantine for any reason, or is in close contact with someone who tests positive or is placed in quarantine, must contact the Administrator to reschedule his/her test. Common symptoms include:
- Muscle aches
- Severe headache
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Skin rash
By attending test day, you accept these guidelines in full. If you are unable or unwilling to accept these guidelines, please contact the Administrator immediately so that your test can be cancelled. If you come to test day and fail to comply with the test center's guidelines, you may be asked to leave the venue and will not receive a refund.
This center takes the safety of its test takers and staff very seriously and we look forward to working with you to create a healthy and comfortable testing experience.
IELTS Test Administration Team