Please note that during the pandemic we are unable to assist candidates in-person.
UPDATED APRIL 9, 2021
Dear Test Taker,
ILSC IELTS Test Centers are open in New York and San Francisco with distancing and other COVID-19 safety measures in place.
In the interest of maximizing your safety and comfort on test day (as well as the safety and comfort of your fellow test takers and test venue workers), the centrer has implemented several guidelines that are consistent with global standards and practices for reducing the transmission of COVID-19:
- The test venue will receive disinfection-level cleaning before each test session.
- Test day staff will wear face masks and gloves.
- Upon entering the test venue, each test taker will have his/her temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer. Individuals with a temperature of 100.4°F/38°C or higher will have to reschedule their test.
- Individuals with visible symptoms (cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, rashes) will be asked to reschedule their test.
- Each test taker must bring a face mask and wear it while in the test venue. (FACE MASK MUST COVER NOSE AND MOUTH AT ALL TIMES).
- Each test taker may bring disposable gloves and wear them while in the test venue. Hand washing and hand sanitation is strongly encouraged. Hand sanitizer will be provided by the center.
- All test taker face masks and gloves will be inspected by staff for security purposes.
- The test taker would be specifically asked to remove the face mask/covering during the identification process and at the biometrics station.
- Each test taker is permitted to bring the following items into the exam room IN A CLEAR PLASTIC BAG:
- ID document
- Wooden pencils, eraser, hand-held pencil sharpener (and a small clear bag for these items)
- Face mask
- Small container of hand sanitizer
- Clear water bottle with no label
- Medication pre-approved by the test center
- Car keys and/or house keys
- All the items listed above will be disinfected by the candidate upon entry to the test venue.
- Test takers with cars are encouraged to leave their personal belongings (phones, wallets, cash, notes, papers, house keys, purses, backpacks, food, tobacco products) in their cars. If we find any of the above-mentioned items in the candidates' pockets, we may have to send you back to dispose of the items.
- Test takers without cars can leave their personal belongings in their bag in the reception area and collect their items after the test. Reception doors will be locked throughout the test. IELTS staff are advised not to touch IDs or candidates’ personal items.
- Each candidate must follow staff guidance for maintaining six feet or more from all other persons in the test venue while standing in line, completing registration, in the waiting area, taking the exam and moving about the test venue.
A test taker who develops flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 prior to the test, or is placed in medical quarantine for any reason, or is in close contact with someone who tests positive or is placed in quarantine, must contact the Administrator to reschedule his/her test. Common symptoms include:
- Muscle aches
- Severe headache
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Skin rash
By attending test day, you accept these guidelines in full. If you are unable or unwilling to accept these guidelines, please contact the Administrator immediately so that your test can be cancelled. If you come to test day and fail to comply with the test center's guidelines, you may be asked to leave the venue and will not receive a refund.
This center takes the safety of its test takers and staff very seriously and we look forward to working with you to create a healthy and comfortable testing experience.
IELTS Test Administration Team