Transfers / Cancellations / Refunds / Failure to Attend
- Requests to transfer/postpone or cancel your IELTS test must be submitted in writing to the center where you planned to test (email or letter);
- Postponement or cancellation requests made via telephone will NOT be accepted.
- Transfer requests received more than 5 weeks before the test date will be charged a transfer fee of up to 25% of the cost of the test;
- Transfer requests received less than 5 weeks ahead of the test date due to a medical condition or exposure to COVID-19 will be rescheduled and will be charged a transfer fee of up to 25% of the cost of the test (Proof must be provided a letter from the local health authority or a physician).
- If you request a second transfer your application will be cancelled and 50% of the cost of the test will be refunded if the center is notified before the test date.
- Cancellation requests received more than 5 weeks ahead of the test date will receive a refund less an administrative fee of up to 25%;
- Travel Restrictions - your application will be cancelled and 50% of the cost of the test will be refunded if the center is notified before the test date (with proof of restrictions);
- Cancellation requests received less than 5 weeks ahead of the test date will not receive a refund.
Failure to Attend
- You will NOT receive a refund if you fail to provide information/proof of inability to attend the test within 5 days of the test date.
Apply for Refunds and Test Day Transfers
Candidates must lodge an application for refund or test day transfer no later than five working days after the test date.
- Please download the IELTS request refund or test date transfer form and fill it in.
- Return the form along with acceptable documentation* to the test centre by email.
- The Administrator will advise the candidate within one week of lodging the application whether or not their request has been approved.
*Acceptable documents may include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate, or a police report. Statutory declarations and certificates signed by family members are not acceptable.
Select a new Test Date
Candidates who have been approved for transfer must select a test date within the next three-month period and this will be approved by the Administrator depending on availability for the selected test date. There may be limited availability for test dates in the first five-week period. Candidates who wish to transfer to a test date more than three months away should apply for a refund and then re-apply for the test.